Security & Compliance
SECURITY AND CONFIDENTIALITY
VISOVA provides security measures that help you conform to HIPAA's Security and Confidentiality requirements.
The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) is intended to improve the efficiency of health care delivery, reduce administrative costs and protect patient privacy. The VISOVA system conforms to all the relevant regulations and requirements including all mandated code sets for medical data as required in the transaction standards adopted under HIPAA. Most importantly, the entire VISOVA software set, including all supported ANSII X12 EDI translations are native to our application making all HIPAA activities, codes, transactions, etc. ingrained within the system. (See list of supported transactions)
INTEGRATED CODE SET SUPPORT
- International Classification of Diseases
- Procedures and Diagnosis. Versions 9 and 10
- National Drug Codes (NDC).
- Dental Procedures and Nomenclature.
- The combination of Health Care Financing Administration Common Procedure
- Coding System (HCPCS) and Current Procedural Terminology, Fourth Edition (CPT-4).
- Universal health identifiers are fully supported